Texas Mutual Insurance Company is committed to providing excellent service to Texas employers and their employees.
Our goal is to make workers' compensation insurance more affordable and available by encouraging competition in the workers' compensation marketplace. We also serve as the insurer of last resort.
Part of our commitment to customer satisfaction is providing a way for you to bring complaints to our management's attention.
We believe that our customers' comments are essential to help us improve our service and operations, and we want to know if you have any kind of problem. We want you to tell us if:
- we failed to take an appropriate action,
- we took too long to get something done,
- we failed to act professionally,
- you are dissatisfied with our service,
- you had to request something more than once, or
- you experience any other problems.
We take all complaints seriously and will immediately work to resolve the issue. The following information explains how to advise our management about a service issue.
How to Get Help
We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about a problem. To help resolve the matter quickly, please follow either of these simple steps:
- If you want to make a complaint by phone, call the Texas Mutual® Information Services Center at (800) 859-5995 and tell the information specialist that you want to log a service issue.
- If you want to make a written complaint, send a letter to:
Texas Mutual Insurance Company
Attention: Information Services Center
6210 East Highway 290
Austin, Texas 78723-1098
- email us at email@example.com
Please provide specific information about the problem. For example, tell us what action we failed to take or what actions caused the problem. If possible, let us know what we can do to correct the problem.
How We Respond
- The person responsible for helping resolve the issue will contact you, usually by phone, to confirm receipt of your complaint.
- Our goal is to resolve the complaint within 10 days of the date you make the complaint. If corrective action is needed, we will take action. If we are unable to take corrective action (for example, if the complaint involves something we are required by law to do), we will provide you with an explanation and use your comments to try to improve our service in the future.
- We will contact you, usually by phone, to let you know of our corrective action or to explain the situation.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint within 30 days, our executive management will review the problem.
You also may take your complaint to the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) or another appropriate state or federal agency. To file a complaint with the TDI, call (800) 252-3439 or write TDI, Consumer Protection, MC 11-1A, P. O. Box 149091, Austin, TX 78714-9091. You may write a letter or use a TDI complaint form.