The Texas Star Network® is the state's largest, making Texas Mutual the leader in certified workers' compensation health care networks. Employers who enroll in our network get up to a 12 percent annual premium discount.
Benefits for employers:
- Return-to-work. On average, Texas Star Network® patients return to work eight days sooner (9% reduction) than non-network patients.
- Indemnity benefits. Average indemnity benefits are 14% lower for network policies compared with non-network policies.
- Pharmaceutical costs. Lower than non-network and other networks.
- Office visits. Lower costs than all other networks.
- Average medical costs. Lower than non-network costs in 13 of 19 categories.
Benefits for employees
Employees receive care from doctors and specialists who have extensive occupational medicine experience. The network's focus is on directing employees to the right providers while allowing them to maintain choice by selecting their doctor from those in the network:
- 82% of injured workers "agree or strongly agree" that they were provided good medical care that met their needs.
- 73% of injured workers were "satisfied" with the quality of medical care they received for their work-related injury.